The Orchid

The Orchid

Thursday, 6 November 2014

Winter Dreams Bundle

I hope everyone is staying warm in this chilly snap. I'm planning a trip in a couple of weeks to visit the National Roman Legion Museum to research my latest book, which is set in Roman Britain. It's such a fascinating period of history. Since I write historical fiction rather than history books, I concentrate mainly on the way people lived and interacted in the past. A book I am currently reading is 'Running the Roman Home,' by Alexander Groom, which is her words deals with, 'who took out the rubbish.'

It's amusing to read the methods of cleaning and laundry that the Romans used, which in several areas, haven't changed from what we do today. As mother to two young children, I deal daily with the piles of washing and clutter small children magically accumulate, so it's interesting seeing the same work being wearily done two thousand years ago. Dishwashers and washing machine obviously make jobs far easier now, but the basic broom, mop and duster haven't changed at all.

The second bit of exciting news is that my publishers, Crimson Romance, have re-released Winter Storms as part of a box set, with six other brilliant romances. Called the 'Winter Dreams,' set, it is due to be released on the 8th December 2014.

Here's a sneak view of the cover!


No comments:

Post a Comment